Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pre-Service Training Summary By The Numbers



Today I will be sworn in as an English Education Peace Corps volunteer for a 2-year commitment. With this coming up, I have thought about all I have learned and experienced during my time in PST. I have summed it up below.

10 ½ hour plane ride here
5029 miles between Richmond and Moldova
10 weeks of language and technical training to prepare me for working in Moldova
40 minutes twice a day walk to school
156 hours of language training 

12 ½ hours of cultural training
11 hours of health and safety training
139 hours of technical training 150 lei for new pair of sunglasses
9 lei for a Coka Cola Light
7,000 people living in Cojusna
0 number of times I have cried
4 number of times I almost started to cry but I was able to hold back the tears because other people were around
13 sixth grade students in my class during practice school
7 eleventh grade students in my class during practice school
8,000 people living in Criuleni
40 kilometers from Criuleni to Chisinau
588 photos taken
1 shirt ripped while doing laundry
2 pieces of luggage and 1 backpack packed to move to Moldova
3 pieces of luggage, 1 backpack, 2 boxes, and 1 guitar to move from Cojusna to Cruileni
1 language proficiency interview
1 wine tasting at Cojusna’s winery
Countless memories

No comments:

Post a Comment