Wednesday, July 3, 2013

POTD 14: UNIT youth center


This is the youth center in Criuleni, UNIT. Last year, I volunteered there for a semester teaching English to an adult class and leading an English club for youth. Both groups were small, but I had a lot of fun working with them. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to fulfill my responsibilities at my school and lead these classes the next year. And since my primary project is with my school, I had to stop volunteering at the UNIT.

I really missed working there this year. I was able to teach in my style with my techniques. I used games, texts, dialogues, group work, pair work, etc. Basically, I could teacher however I wanted. I was able to do a lot the thing I missed and wasn’t always able to do with my partners in school.

Today, when I was in Chișinău, I ran into one of my adult students, Rodica. She introduced herself to the person accompanying me, and told her how I was her English teacher and how much she loved having me. I could hardly believe what I was hearing; it was so incredible hear. Sometimes I’m upset that I didn’t do enough or a good job, but hearing these compliments from someone I had only worked with for a short while was uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment